Working During COVID-19
During these unprecedented times, our number one priority is the health of our clients, staff, trade contractors and the entire community. We feel privileged as one of the few industries allowed to continue our operations in Portland, Oregon and realize that it is our strict compliance of the policies and practices outlined below that will allow us to continue to do so during Governor Brown’s Stay Home, Save Lives Executive Order signed into law on March 23rd, 2020.
We are all in this together and ReCraft is dedicated to doing its part!
On the Jobsite
The following jobsite practices were developed based on guidelines provided by WHO, CDC, local health organizations and the OHBA (Oregon Homebuilders Association):
- Signs posted at every jobsite that limits entry to only those people that are healthy and reminding everyone of our jobsite best practices.
- Comprehensive barriers to separate work area from homeowners who are sheltering-in-place.
- Adjusting project schedules to limit the number of people on any one jobsite so we can maintain the recommended social distancing.
- Increasing our port-a-john cleaning service to twice per week for sanitation reasons.
- Wiping down common-touch surfaces such as door knobs, lock boxes and other areas with disinfecting wipes or spray.
- No sharing of tools or equipment.
- Workers eating lunch in their own vehicles.
Off the Jobsite
When picking up supplies all of our vendors have implemented new procedures to keep distancing intact and are limiting the amount of interaction with customers.
When we are not on the jobsite or picking up materials, we are doing our part and sheltering-in-place just like everyone else.
We are scheduling initial consultations through Zoom/Facetime in order to serve potential new clients.
Training and Dedication
ReCraft has been dedicated to training its staff for years in being compliant with OSHA safety regulations and Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP Rule). Many of these same rigorous requirements are now also applicable to working during the coronavirus pandemic. We will continue to monitor the above procedures in relation to the most current health guidelines and make adjustments as necessary. We take safety and health seriously!